Who is the English Writing Teacher?
- A former newspaper reporter and editor.
- A former college writing teacher and ESL teacher.
- An 18-year private tutor in English language skills.
- A blog writer about how to teach beginning readers.
- The author of five children’s books
- Native English speaker, M.S. Ed. in Education; GA certified
Where am I available?
- I live in Peachtree Corners, GA, where I tutor some students in my home.
- I tutor other students in their homes within a reasonable driving distance, including in Duluth, John’s Creek, Alpharetta, Suwanee, Cumming and Atlanta.
- I have worked online with students in GA, MD, NY and FL.
- At the initial tutoring session, I have two goals: to make the student comfortable with me, and to assess the student’s skills.
- I ask the student or the parents about the student’s skills, and then I ask the student to perform tasks in the area of study, such as reading aloud or organizing an essay.
- Listening and watching closely, I note the student’s strengths and weaknesses.
- I report back to the parents about the student’s needs, and where the student needs to begin work with me.
- New students start at $50 for a 55 minute private lesson plus five minutes to discuss the lesson with parents.
- The rate could be higher depending on traveling time and distance.
- Vocabulary books, SAT review books and other supplies not provided by the student are extra and at cost.
- If a student cancels, he is expected to make up the lesson. If he cancels within 24 hours when it is not an emergency, the student is expected to pay $25 for the missed lesson.
Got any questions about tutoring for your son or daughter?
Maybe you still have some unanswered questions. Use this contact form and I’ll get back to you with answers by email–or by phone (if you provide your Atlanta (GA) area phone number).